Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Time is an illusion, lunch time ...doubly so

Current thoughts,

The perception of time is simply an expression of relativity. When we were young, the seconds would stretch on for what would seem to be an eternity. At some point, that changes, and the years go by in the blink of an eye. Einstein knew this, when he figured out the relationship between time and light. The Buddhists knew this when they realized each moment was the same as the next; and Michael Valentine Smith said it best, “Waiting is”. In our minds, some things are as fresh as they were scores of years ago. A first kiss, a first car, yet we can’t remember what we had for lunch today. I have six or so weeks left to go in this semester. It is both and eternity and a breath. Before I know it, I will be sitting in a chair taking the proctored exam for the CCNA. Before we know it, it will be us lying on our death beds wondering if it was all worth it, whatever “it” was. I just hope that when I get there, I will be able to say yes. Each scar is a merit badge. Each pain is a short hand note for a longer story.

What this really boils down to for me is that I need to get off my ass and get working on that book that I have been thinking about.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a book by you... interesting thought. i would read it!

kevin said...

life is not to be sqandered, live it to the fullest of your ability,try new things,meet new people,whatever it takes.
dont go to the grave with regrets and wondering,not silent and still,
skid in sideways and when the dust clears say "man that was one hell of a ride"